Pet Sitter Duties & Responsibilities
Pet Sitter Duties & Responsibilities differ at any pet sitting you may do. Pet sitters are responsible for all basic animal care while their clients are on holiday or travelling for business.
They must be able to perform the following tasks:
- Provide food and water on a daily basis
- Feed pets as per individual pet sitting requirements
- Brush fur and teeth and carry out other types of pet grooming as necessary to keep them comfortable
- Walk dogs
- Clean litter boxes
- Cleaning up any other pet mess
- Give medications, if applicable
- Lots of pet loving and TLC
- Take pets to the vet if they get ill while the owners are away or suffer any injury under their supervision
Pet sitters are required owners to fill out an agreement and the owner gives them a detailed contact sheet with their contact information, their vet’s contact information, and relevant information about the pet (such as age, breed, weight, prior medical conditions, and medications).
Pet Sitting Holidays
On several occasions, Secret World Retreat needs pet loving pet sitters. You'd stay in our home and look after our pets while we're away. We don't go away often, but when we do, we go on the hunt for reliable and trustworthy pet sitters.
If you'd like to join our mailing list to find out when we next need a pet sitter, you're welcome to sign up. We don't choose randomly! Instead, we have a rigorous application process whereby we ask lots of questions about your pet sitting experience, which is a requirement, plus we do several virtual interviews.