Secret World Retreat Terms and Conditions
• Secret World Retreat accepts submissions in the English language worldwide.
• Entrants must be satisfied that their submittal is complete; there will be no later opportunity to submit a revised or different version.
• All fiction and non-fiction genres are welcome
• The manuscript should be the entrant’s original work.
• Manuscripts should be written in English, no translations will be accepted for entry.
• By submitting their manuscript, entrants agree for Secret World Retreat to keep a record of their e-mail address for marketing purposes only. This information will only be used by Secret World Retreat and those officially connect to the implementation and deployment of the the written works.
2. Indemnity and Copyright:
• Copyright of any novel or manuscript submitted remains with the author, however if a publishing contract is offered to the writer, Secret World Retreat will retain the copyright.
• By submitting written work to Secret World Retreat, the author accepts that Secret World Retreat will not be held responsible for any loss of copyright, in part or in whole, to the author’s work in the event that it can be proven that such loss occurred as a result of the work’s submittal.
• The author shall be liable for all losses, costs, claims, actions, demands, expenses, compensation and liabilities arising out of or in connection with their book.
3. Privacy and Data Protection Policy:
Definitions: GDPR: means the General Data Protection Regulation.
Responsible Person: Kenneth M. Sheridan
Data protection principles:
Secret World Retreat is committed to processing data in accordance with its responsibilities under the GDPR.
Article 5 of the GDPR requires that personal data shall be:
a. Processed lawfully, fairly and transparently in relation to individuals;
b. Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes;
c. Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed;
d. Accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay;
e. Kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed; personal data may be stored for longer periods insofar as the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes subject to implementation of the appropriate technical and organizational measures required by the GDPR in order to safeguard the rights and freedoms of individuals; and
f. Processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including
4. Other general provisions
a. This policy applies to all personal data processed by Secret World Retreat.
b. The Responsible Person shall take responsibility for Secret World Retreat ongoing compliance with this policy.
c. This policy shall be reviewed at least annually.
5. Lawful, fair and transparent processing
a. To ensure its processing of data is lawful, fair and transparent, Secret World Retreat shall maintain a Register of Systems.
b. The Register of Systems shall be reviewed at least annually.
c. Individuals have the right to access their personal data, and any such requests made to Secret World Retreat shall be dealt with in a timely manner.
6. Lawful purposes
a. All data processed by Secret World Retreat must be done on one of the following lawful bases: consent, contract, legal obligation, vital interests, public task or legitimate interests (see ICO guidance for more information).
b. Secret World Retreat shall note the appropriate lawful basis in the Register of Systems.
c. Where consent is relied upon as a lawful basis for processing data, evidence of opt-in consent shall be kept with the personal data.
d. Where communications are sent to individuals based on their consent, the option for the individual to revoke their consent should be clearly available and systems should be in place to ensure such revocation is reflected accurately in Secret World Retreat systems.
7. Data minimization
a. Secret World Retreat shall ensure that personal data are adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
a. Secret World Retreat shall take reasonable steps to ensure personal data is accurate.
b. Where necessary for the lawful basis on which data is processed, steps shall be put in place to ensure that personal data is kept up to date.
8. Archiving / removal
a. To ensure that personal data is kept for no longer than necessary, Secret World Retreat shall put in place an archiving policy for each area in which personal data is processed and review this process annually.
b. The archiving policy shall consider what data should/must be retained, for how long, and why.
a. Secret World Retreat shall ensure that personal data is stored securely using modern software that is kept-up-to-date.
b. Access to personal data shall be limited to personnel who need access, and appropriate security should be in place to avoid unauthorized sharing of information.
c. When personal data is deleted, this should be done safely such that the data is irrecoverable.
d. Appropriate back-up and disaster recovery solutions shall be in place.
In the event of a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, personal data, Secret World Retreat shall promptly assess the risk to people’s rights and freedoms and if appropriate report this breach to the ICO (more information on the ICO website).
For any other information, please contact us.