To submit your writing retreat, health retreat or unique retreat, please follow these guidelines.
Advertise Your Retreat
If you'd like to advertise your retreat ...
- Find out how you can get your retreat at the top of our lists with a featured retreat.
- Or you can contact Paula Sheridan on our contact page.
If submitting a retreat you need the following info to hand - to make it easier to submit your retreat:
IMPORTANT NOTE: please do not use first person i.e. our, we and us. This info MUST be written in THIRD PERSON so the reader knows this retreat listed is not run by this site:
- Name of Retreat
- To summarise your retreat think of the focus of retreat - write a one liner about the retreat including keywords that best describe it - such as detox health retreat or romantic retreat. You can also add a few paragraphs on retreat - ie the benefits, main features such as privacy or seclusion or other focus. PLEASE NOTE: don't copy directly from a 'Word' document. It will paste hidden 'Word' HTML into your submission and you will be unable to remove it. We suggest writing an original piece or copying into a notepad to remove any HTML and then pasting into the field.
- Facilities - list all facilities including wi-fi and broadband = please do NOT add bullets, each entry is a new line - we will add the bullets.
- Accommodation it offers
- Country and location
- Video link - if you have any videos of your retreat, please supply a link
- Dates available - not all just a summary ie open all year or only certain times/dates
- Pricing - give us a one line summary of pricing
- Booking link - this is divided into personal booking for phone numbers and online bookings for a direct link to your retreat
- Tag or featured keyword - such as writing retreat, yoga retreat etc. Please check out the existing tags to be sure your retreat is included in these tags. If you spell the tag differently or without capitals as the format for all our tags, your retreat will not land on the tagged page. Seperate your tags with commas. As you start typing the tag will automatically populate the field and you can click on it to select the tag.
- Twitter - let others see more about your social tweets, and we will tweet your retreat.
- Facebook - our visitors can like you on FB - and so will we.
- Google Plus -more sharing via Google ...
- Image which best shows off the retreat - ideally an image that will be at least 640 in width and 350 in depth - the best images get used in our home page slideshow. This also enables us to use your image in our home page slideshow. If you send us something smaller than these pixel sizes we cannot add your image!
- When you upload your image, you will see Alternate Text and Image Title. Please do add a short snappy keyworded sentence - this is for both accessibility purposes and SEO.
Please note: we reserve the right to change your title and first summary sentence to optimise it for search results.
Here are the steps to submit your retreat:
1. Have this information handy
2. Pop over and register to submit your retreat. Or hit REGISTER on the menu.
3. You will receive a verification email to prove you are human.
4. When you have verified your email and logged in, please submit your retreat here. PLEASE NOTE: if you are NOT logged in you will see a 'Whoops' error page so you must be registered and logged in to access this submission page.
If you need to come back at any time and edit your retreat listing, follow these steps:
1. Login here. Or hit LOGIN on the menu.
2. Go to your retreat's listing and hit the 'EDIT' tab. You can find this either by saving the link or by checking your profile when you log in.
3. Make any changes necessary.
PLEASE NOTE: if you are NOT logged in you will see a 'Whoops' error page so you must be logged in to edit your listing.
Please pop over here if you'd like to submit a Retreat Guest Post.