If you're on the look out to spend time in a Wildlife Retreat And Artist Retreat you'll find that this lovingly converted former apple store overlooking a tidal lake, the river Tamar and the Cornish border provides a perfect spot for a wildlife watching or artistic escape.
Pokelogin, in Cornwall, a lovingly converted former apple store overlooking a tidal lake, the river Tamar and the Cornish border, is a perfect spot for a wildlife watching or artistic escape.
This unusual and intriguing house, which sleeps six, is set in the unspoilt Bere Peninsula of South Devon, surrounded by gardens that roll down to the estuary edge. Stunning elevated views from the suspended balcony provide a picture perfect location to watch wildfowl land on the ever changing tideline, and provides the perfect place to paint to your heart’s desire. Relax in the peace of the beguilingly beautiful surroundings, sit on the furnished balcony as the sun sets, or lounge in front of the roaring fire and watch from the comfort of the sofas.
Inside, no expense has been spared on breathing life back into this former apple store, creating a homely and cosy feel. The living room, located on the first floor, has under floor heating and a roaring open fireplace to keep the room toasty warm whatever the weather. This splendid room opens out on to the generous balcony, flooding the room with natural light and giving guests a grandstand view over the creek and Tamar Estuary from its two elegant leather sofas.
Downstairs are three beautifully finished bedrooms including the master ‘round room’ with stunning views over the tidal lake and access to the garden via French doors. Nearby is a stunning 20 minute walk along the Creek to a great local pub and sailing club. Fishing is available in the creek, and the lovely market town of Tavistock, home to a selection of cafes and restaurants, is only 15 minutes away. Plymouth is also within striking distance where many attractions including Plymouth Marine Aquarium, Plymouth Life Centre and the Plymouth Hoe can be found.
- First floor living room with access to the furnished balcony.
- Leather sofas seating six, armchair, coffee table, side tables and book shelves.
- Under floor heating and an open fire place
- Entertainment including flatscreen TV with Sky package, a DVD player, music centre and iPod docking station plus a host of books and games and Wi-Fi internet access.
- Open plan kitchen and dining area featuring an electric oven with grill, gas hob, fridge freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer
- Complete with a full range of utensils and accessories including a microwave, toaster, kettle, cafetiere and blender.
- Iron, ironing board and vacuum cleaner
- High Chair
- Private off-street parking for up to 3 cars down a steep driveway
- It is furnished with a queen-size bed, two bedside cabinets with lamps, a two seater sofa, dressing table, integrated wardrobe, chest of drawers, mirror and ornamental wood burner.
- Bedroom one comes with a flatscreen TV with Freeview and radio and a cot is provided.
- The en-suite to bedroom one features a walk-in shower cubicle, wc, designer wash basin, heated towel rail and mirror.
- Bedroom two is furnished with twin beds, bedside cabinet with lamp, integrated wardrobe, chest of drawers and mirror, and comes with a flatscreen TV and two seater sofa
- The en-suite to bedroom two features a bath, separate shower cubicle, wc, wash basin, heated towel rail and mirror.
- Bedroom three is furnished with a double bed, two bedside cabinets with lamps, an integrated wardrobe, chest of drawers and mirror, and comes with a flatsceen TV and armchair
- The main wet room located on the first floor features a walk-in shower cubicle, wc, designer wash basin, heated towel rail, mirror and hair dryer.