Black Pit Cottage is a secluded, romantic seaside cottage retreat with the beach right below has great coastal path walks with access to an NGC garden and beautiful dark skies for star gazing.
Black Pit Cottage, perched above the beach at Lee Bay in North Devon, is a perfect romantic retreat for couples or small families, just yards from the deep, craggy rock pools and sandy beach of Lee Bay below. This beautiful four-star platinum rated stone cottage retreat, named after the stretch of sand where coal ships used to unload coal for the area, is blessed with dramatic sea views; it overlooks National Trust land, and backs directly onto the picturesque NGS garden at Cliffe.
If you can tear yourself away from dramatic beach walks and the spectacular rock pools below the house, you can be romantic and snuggle up together in front of the flatscreen TV and watch classic films on the DVD player. You can also enjoy your favourite tunes on the ipod docking station.
The real joy of this romantic seaside Devon retreat is its situation, just feet from the sea below and backed by steep hills that cut out any artificial light at night. So you can watch the Milky Way, the constellations and shooting stars as you toast yourselves next to the lit barbecue. Exmoor National Park, which has International Dark Sky Reserve status, is only a few miles to the East.
No need to stick to just romance on your retreat because beach life is a big part of Black Pit Cottage retreat and so an outside shower has been installed to wash off sand after a busy day on the beach rock pooling, or spent in the sea swimming or canoeing. There are also a great range of local Blue Flag beaches to choose from and, for the adventurous, Saunton, Croyde and Woollacombe provide excellent surfing. And if you simply enjoy the coast, the South West Coastal Path passes directly behind the cottage giving access to miles of National Trust Cliff top walks.
- Open plan living/kitchen area has double doors opening out to the patio
- Wall mounted flatscreen TV, Freeview, DVD player, ipod dock and Wi-Fi.
- Wood burner to provide warmth during the cooler months.
- Electric oven with extractor hood, fitted electric hob, fridge, freezer, dishwasher and microwave.
- Washer dryer
- Dining table with six chairs
- Two bedrooms, both en-suite, one with shower, wash basin, wc and heated towel rail and one with bath with shower over, wash basin, wc and heated towel rail.
- Bedroom one has a king-size bed, chest of drawers and two bedside cabinets with lamps and views to the se
- Bedroom two has two single divan beds which can be linked to make a super-king size bed. As well as a chest of drawers and two bedside cabinets with lamps the room has dramatic views of the beach and Fuchsia Valley.
- Outside is a rear patio with table, bench and four chairs
- There’s a built in barbecue, and veranda with drying and storage facilities
- There’s also an outside shower - ideal for washing off after a day at the beach
- The property has a private driveway with parking for three cars