The NEW Caramel Grecotel Boutique Resort on the Cretan Riviera is the ultimate romantic retreat in Greece this summer. Light‐filled beachside villas and spacious suites are combined with personalised service, delicious dining and secluded beach gazebos.
Just minutes from the old‐world charm of Rethymno’s Venetian harbour. The new Caramel Grecotel Boutique Resort blends the laid‐back ambience of an island village with the glamour and services of a luxury resort. Pristine seawater, endless soft golden sand, landscaped gardens provide a stunning backdrop for the landscaped swimming pool.
Lawns, tiered gardens and stone paths link the main building to the beach and the village‐style accommodation designed like a Mediterranean island settlement. Each detail has been designed to catch the attention of its guests in every nook and cranny.
There is a choice of 69 extravagant suites and villas ranging from light-filled open plan suites for couples to beachfront summer villas sleeping up to 10. Caramel’s hallmark is the hand-painted floor tiles that reflect the colours of Greek islands: blue and white with hints of bougainvillea pink and sunflower gold. Step into spacious bathrooms wrapped with cool marble tiles, power showers, his & hers basins and even electronic self-flushing, heated toilets. Lush terraces ooze the tranquillity and allure of a tropical garden. As the sun sets, the twinkling lights of Rethymno and its floodlit fortezza add a mystical aura.
The golden sand stretches as far as the eye can see on the 14km beach – the longest in Crete. Stretch out under the Greek sun or relax in the shade of a beach gazebo and listen to nature’s symphony of waves and cicadas! The attentive beach staff serves fresh fruits, snacks and drinks throughout the day. Chill off around the exotic pool on rattan lily-pad sunbeds that are partially submerged in the cool seawater. Glamorous shaded daybeds and comfy sunbeds are offered for those who want to stay dry. At night, the pool emits a rainbow of colours that add to the dreamy atmosphere.
Famed for being one of the healthiest diets, the Cretan cuisine is based on sun-ripened fruits and vegetables, tender locally-raised meat, freshly caught fish, aromatic herbs and olive oil. The spacious restaurant tempts every palate with mouth‐watering buffets of farm‐fresh produce. Luxuriate in a la carte fine dining or linger in your suite or villa for breakfast in bed or private dining on the starlit terrace.
Nearby is the traditional Agreco Farm which belongs to the Grecotel owners, where Caramel's guests can play “Farmer for the Day” or simply dine on the organic farm produce in the Farm’s taverna.
For more info see Caramel Grecotel Boutique Resort website
- Landscaped seawater pool with lily-pad submerged sun loungers
- On 14km sandy beach - nesting area for the Caretta caretta sea turtles
- Private beach gazebos, sun loungers, umbrellas, beach towels (free of charge)
- Selected suites & villas with private outdoor Jacuzzi or private pool
- Wining & Dining
- The Restaurant serving full hot & cold buffet breakfast & dinner
- A la carte dining
- Room service
- Pool bar
- Beach & pool service (drinks & snacks)
- Piano bar
- Brasserie a la carte all-day dining
- Organic salads and vegetables from hotel's farm
- Agreco Farm and Taverna (3kms)
- Private dining including romantic dinner on beach
- Private parking
- Concierge services
- Private butler *
- Luxury airport transfers*
- Complimentary broadband Wi-Fi internet access
- Day & evening entertainment
- Watersports & sports at neighbouring Grecotel Resorts (free transfers)*
- Luxury Spa at neighbouring Grecotel Resorts (free transfers)*
- With charge *
- FREE Honeymoon package
- A refreshing welcome drink upon arrival at the hotel
- Honeymoon welcome with chilled champagne and fresh fruits waiting in your guestroom
- Special decoration of the honeymoon bed with sugared almonds & scented rose petals
- “Melokarido” – a Greek tradition of honey and walnuts, symbolizing virility and the sweetness of life.
- Romantic continental breakfast served in the privacy of your room the next morning
- Room upgrade upon availability
- Beach weddings & Renewal of Vows
- In Suite & Villa Facilities (complimentary)
- Extensive VIP Welcome Offer
- Daily delivery of personal weather forecast and mineral water
- Fresh Fruit basket on arrival (refreshed every 2 days)
- Twice Daily Maid Service
- Unpacking Service by Housekeeping (upon request)
- Eau de Grèce signature bath amenities
- Complimentary tea & coffee facilities
- For more info see Caramel Grecotel Boutique Resort website (http://caramel.grecotel.com)