Learn the art of travel writing with Claire Scobie while staying in a palace in a medieval village in Italy.
- Travel Writing in a Palace offers more than a writer’s retreat. Do what most of us only dream… Follow in the footsteps of travel writers Elizabeth Gilbert, Frances Mayes and Bill Bryson on this creative holiday with award-winning author Claire Scobie.
- Imagine visiting the region that inspired Dante’s Divine Comedy * Immersing yourself in Italian daily life in the Apennine foothills * Enjoying Renaissance architecture, gourmet feasts & summer aperitivos
- Experience staying in a medieval palace * 7 days writing tuition with Claire Scobie * Personal writing time in a vibrant cultural community * Meeting other writing travellers & literary soirees
- Learn how to write with the senses and create compelling characters * Techniques to master storytelling * How to expand from travel journalism to literary travel writing
- Singabout’s Luisa Donati will open the doors to the palace for us and our highly talented course director Claire Scobie will expertly guide participants through their own writing adventure.
"Claire is such a warm and knowledgeable writer who is so passionate about what she does. Thank you for turning the light on in my writing world."- Julie Woodhouse
Palazzo Donati, originally built in the 15th century. Twin share or doubles some with bathroom other room share bathrooms Limited single rooms available.
Mercatello sul Metauro, Marche, Italy
6 -13th August, 2014
Early bird: GBP £1,917 plus 200 Euro on arrival.